Translate

lørdag 20. oktober 2007

Rome - Fantastic!!!




It's Saturday morning and we got back from Rome yesterday. I can still feel my feet aching slightly from all the walking. I'm sure we walked 15k at least every day!

Rome is a fantastic city. There are soooo much to see. We didn't manage anywhere near all the stuff we wanted to see, but what we did see was great! We saw the Colosseum (passed it several times too as it was on the way back to our hotel), The Forum, Palatine hill and everything around that area in one day. A lot of ruins and reconstructed buildings. I wondered for a long time how they managed to build such massive buildings, and then found out they made scaffolding out of wood, but sort of built it into the structure, and took it out again when it was finished.

We did everything from Colosseum, St Peters basilica, St Peters Square (even saw the pope!), walked along the river, saw lots of pillars, archeological sites. Every time they knock down a building they find something underneath it from the roman times or similar.

We also ate a lot of lovely icecream (YUMMY!), pasta, meat, seafood, pizza and drank a lot of great wine! One of the nights we went to a lovely restaurant. We ordered a four course meal. Every course was pretty much as much food as I would eat in a main meal! It was fantastic food though, although I didn't manage to finish it off.

I've put an album out on Facebook so you can have a look at photos there. And I'll put a few up here. If I speak to you, ask me about the Gucci incident ;)

Really do not want to go back to work on Monday, but guess that's life! In a week MO and Russ are coming over, so new exciting stuff is happening!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar